Monday, August 4, 2008

Decisions choose our paths ......


Well, life just keeps spinning around me! My own life is actually pretty stagnet; it is the lives of whom I share my own with that are ever changing! For instance, I don't always agree with the choices that my children make, but the choices are theirs and while I do want them to hear my opinion, and consider it, I do not want them to base their decisions on neither of their parents opinions.

I want these young adults to make their own, fully thought out, rationalized decisions. The failures if materialized, will teach them and the success, if materialized will be credited to them. Will they arrive at the correct decision? Will they sustain pain from their decisions? I don't know. I can't and don't want to control that process, or the even the outcome. I don't want to make the choices for their life. It is their life. I raised them to understand that their choices choose the path, and every action will bring a consequence, whether good or bad.

For these young adults, I am here though, guiding, parenting and praying for them. I love them regardless of whether their decisions match my own - I only pray that they weigh the options presented to them and move in the direction that they have logically rationalized to be the best for their circumstance.

Me? I just go from day to day....dreaming of the day when everything is peaceful around me and all I have to do is think about what I would enjoy creating next and deciding what colors to use! Those are the really hard choices in life. The rest is optional. Life still happens around you, even if you just sit still. I just want to be in the best spot as it does.

No comments:

A long, long time ago......but I can still remember....

A long, long time ago......but I can still remember....
Just the two of us, before the rest of us...

Pepper

Pepper
At 10 weeks. Half sweet and half not!