Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, America!



We had Fios installed in our home this week. So far, we love it. Unfortunately, the installation called for the technicians ability to reach areas hidden by almost 20 years of "stuff". That meant at the minimun, rearranging many things to enable him to do his work.

Hidden in a small box within a box, I found this early attempt at microscope glass art. I had even made a chain to go with it. The picture does not do it justice, as it did turn out quite lovely for my first attempt! Sadly, I never learned to solder so, I tossed it in a box for later finishing. I think some folks use the piece with just the tape around the edges, but to me it appears unfinished. I would never wear or try to sell a piece that I felt might break or come apart. It was fun though re-discovering a bit of my earlier work. Makes me itch to do a bit more, especially microscope slide art - I always enjoyed the process. I would love to learn to solder. This will go back on my list of things to do, if I ever get all of this stuff I had to move out of the way in order to get FIOS installed!!

No comments:

A long, long time ago......but I can still remember....

A long, long time ago......but I can still remember....
Just the two of us, before the rest of us...

Pepper

Pepper
At 10 weeks. Half sweet and half not!