Friday, March 20, 2009

Creative Souls ATC's


As a self taught artist, I have dabbled in various medias and projects through the years, including the making of ATC's. Believe it or not, I have never participated in any swaps. I know; crazy, right? I usually just keep my own artwork or give these tiny intensive works to friends.


Time is always an issue for me so before I committed to the swap, I carved out a little time to see how far I could get prior to the swap entry deadline, meaning I would still have a couple more weeks to complete the 4 cards should I not finish prior to the entry deadline. But I actually was 90% finished before I even signed up!


I still have them laying on my work table thinking that maybe just one more technique or embellishment would complete them, but for the most part - they are ready to go! I had so much fun creating the cards. If you have ever hesitated to join a swap, I encourage you to try this method. The little cards really do work up quickly and you may find that once your base is created, the elaboration of elements and techniques come quickly. Of course if you are like me, that final finish may take a couple of days to come to you.


I hope to mail my submissions out early next week, but I am so glad that I joined the swap. I usually stay in the digital realm and had forgotton how much fun "making art" can really be. After the swap ends, I will post what I submitted and what I received in return. I can not wait to receive cards from the very creative artists at Creative Souls!



1 comment:

pchickki said...

This is a great idea and one that I use.
This card is just beautiful!
I have a swap group on ZNE if you are interested in joining. It is called 1 4 1 ATSwap/Calling All ATC Swappers. Would love to see you play with us.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
Hugs
Patti

A long, long time ago......but I can still remember....

A long, long time ago......but I can still remember....
Just the two of us, before the rest of us...

Pepper

Pepper
At 10 weeks. Half sweet and half not!